Teen Depression Recovery

Teen Depression Recovery







I didn't know what to name this blog, but it's about recovering from depression, if that is even possible. We cry, we suffer, we cut, we starve ourselves, we drink, we do drugs, we do anything and everything to get away from our depression. Bad thoughts, or our “personal demons,” drag us down. Sometimes, we can't ever stop thinking. Our thoughts lead us to act out. They never help us escape from the prison we call our lives. Everyday, teens like you and me fight what seems an impossible fight. All we want to do is smile and be happy, but our condition won't let us. What the heck can we do?


My dad believes that depression can go away. He spends hours trying to help people. He and my mom have made a life for me that's livable. They know that I get sad, and nothing they do can make me really happy. It's not their fault. I live in a world where I feel like a mouse. My depression can turn into anger and back into depression in seconds. What is this life we live? Why is there so much bad and so little good? It seems the smarter we get the more bad thoughts we have. What are they like for you? Do they make you feel like you’re nothing? Do they constantly tell you that you can't do anything right? My thought pattern is something I don't want to have. I just want to be a normal girl. Can I ever recover and live a happy life? Can you?


Recovery isn't impossible. You can feel better. Each time I tell someone about what I go through and how I feel, I gain the ability to cope. Each problem we face doesn't have to be handled alone. My dad understands me and has cheered me up many times in the past. My mom is a true hero. She is strict, but I love her. She always is honest with me and shares stories about when she was depressed. I feel normal when I talk to her, and loved. My dad has written on this blog so many times in the past with the only intention of making people wise, you know, intelligent. He cares about you and so do I. Although he has turned this blog over to me he still assists people. He writes, too, just not as much anymore. He told me that as long as someone does the right thing, they will have the strength to endure anything.



Recovery starts when you can tell a trusted friend or adult about how you feel. They can help you. Treatment doesn't have to be scary. Down below I'm going to give you a number to call and text a teen line in America where you can get help. I am Ameila Varner, your host of Get Help Now. Here's that info that can get you in touch with someone who can help you. Use it if you need it. There's a link that you can put into your browser like Chrome, too, that you can use to see their site, also. Here it is:



https://teenlineonline.org



Here's the hotline number there directly to call:


3108554673



You can text it, too. Do this:


TEXT
TEEN to 839863

Comments