The Teenage Depression Crisis

The Teenage Depression Crisis







Teenage depression is a crisis. As adults, we often can become upset. We struggle with our emotions, but buckle down and push through the day. For a teenager, it's much harder. A teenager feels stronger than adults as their hormones are on overdrive because of their newfound maturity. Depression can devastate our children, and today I want to depict the crisis it creates.

For the few of you who read me, you would know that I now feature blog posts about teenage depression. You are reading this for a reason, as I am writing this for a reason. Teenage depression can cause your child to hurt themselves and potentially worse. If you're a teen reading this now, I want to tell you that life is worth living. Don't let your tears and bad thoughts cripple you. You will overcome this. You need to tell someone who you trust how you feel. I understand that you may have some fears of treatment, maybe because of the stigma or the side effects of medication, but don't you know the sun shines when you smile? You can even be connected to other teens who struggle with depression. Group therapy is an amazing thing that allows you to be empowered. You'll be able to come out of the crisis you face.

Teenage depression has gotten a lot of coverage in recent years because of our effort to inform people about this epidemic. Teen suicide rates have been climbing for years. We are in a crisis where our children's lives are at stake. Please don't let us lose our future. There are too many elements to our children's lives and it is enough to bog down any teen. They live in a different world than us, and it's as difficult as it is complicated. As teens become depressed, whether it's clinical or environmental, their instincts cause them to breakdown. They hide it from us believing that we'll no longer love them if we find out they're upset. We can't let them down. We must accept them, no matter the circumstance. We must tell them, above all else, that we love them. We must make money available for their treatment. If you don't have money for this, there are agencies out there who can assist you with your child's treatment cost. Don't be afraid to seek out these agencies. Do whatever you can to help your child. Don't let their crisis get worse because you were too proud to receive public assistance.

Finally, I want to tell you about my mission to raise teen depression awareness. A couple years ago, I created a fictional character who is a depressed teen named Mindi Jacobson. As I studied teen fiction, I became captivated. I wanted to dedicate myself to my cause. Mindi has already seen her life become real over 1,200 pages. She is a reoccurring character, as I reincarnate her constantly, if you will. I have started to see her as my daughter, and I have to support her by getting her story out there. Her story goes beyond fiction, as I now quest to save lives with my indispensable gift, my ability to write. I don't want to be an advocate for anything else, and I want to prove to my pagan sisters that my heart for the mother wasn't wasted. I may not be perfect religiously, but I do want to say something. I am a good person, and I am someone worth looking up to. A man like me does not accept defeat, and for every drop of innocent blood spilt, I now seek to restore the crisis that threatens the earth, the teenage depression crisis.


Contact me:

Email:
brylock62@gmail.com

Twitter:
@BPLovecraft

Twitter for readers and writers:
@SirVarnerAuthor

Tumblr user name:
forgottensoul13

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/bryan.varner.509

Comments