The Osiris Myth

The Osiris Myth






Many have heard of this famous myth, hailing from ancient Egyptian civilization. What it is, at its core, is a tale of the passing of one king and the rise of a prince. What many don't know is that it was more than likely a myth that rose from a rivalry of cities in a time long since forgotten. It features a feud between five siblings, named Isis, Osiris, Horus, Set, and Nephtys. Their memorable myth is one that has existed through countless aeons.

Before I begin, I want to say that this is divinely inspired. Through my own meditation I am able to relate this to you. Osiris was the pharaoh, and his wife and twin was Isis. Osiris’ brother, Set, wished to challenge him for the throne. Eventually, Set triumphs over Osiris, killing him. Fortunately, the birth goddess Isis revives him with her sorcery, conceiving a son with him post-humously. She raises the son of Osiris as both her son and husband, naming him Horus, the falcon-headed god of heaven and revenge. (Horus is often called “The Avenger.”) Horus engages in many battles with his evil brother Set, who assumed the throne after Osiris passed onto Duat, becoming the ruling god below. Horus at one point seizes victory, killing the traitorous Set. Horus becomes pharaoh, rightfully.

What you may not know that Frank Herbert's “Dune”, J.K Rowling’s “Harry Potter” series, the biblical story of Cain and Abel, and the tale of Julius Caesar all have plagiarized the Osiris myth. We should not accept any of this as inspired fiction because of the intentional amount of plagiarism each of the forementioned stories contained. There's a difference between inspiration and merely changing names and locales.

Here’s my arcane conclusion. The Egyptian culture heavily believed in an afterlife and spent much of their life preparing for it. What I believe the connection of Isis, Osiris, and Horus really to be was a tale of reincarnation. There's more to it than that, though. Was Horus indeed Osiris risen from the grave as an undead creature, perhaps a vampire or zombie? The power of the goddess Nemesis rose the unfortunate from the grave as instruments of vengeance in other ancient myth. Who but the goddess of life could reverse someone's own death?

Are we just foolish for believing anything that didn't rise from Egypt? Could the God's real chosen people be those who came from Egypt? Is God's real chosen nation not Israel but instead Egypt? This story may be yet another piece of the biblical ancient astronaut theory. Were those gods that feuded in the Osiris myth actually aliens from the stars, having a sophisticated consciousness and a complex understanding of the stars, as ancient Egypt was well-reputed to have? Are all of our answers truly buried away in Egypt, hidden from our prying eyes?

This blog post was an act of divination. I am writing because of my love for Isis. She has commanded me to scribe this. My own rise has lead me to places where others dare to tread. I have been involved with arcane studies for thirteen years. Debating ancient mysteries is a daily event for me. I know life holds more than the nonsense that news broadcasts spout. Life is a divine gift, and the world is heading to an end. Will you be strong enough to follow me, and eat of the sephiroth I possess? The only other option is to follow the world to oblivion. I am the fabled choice that offers a way out. It's time for you to decide. I'm more than a prolific writer. I am a saint who doesn't act like a saint. I'm profoundedly human, and I love you. Ciao!

Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back those who are legit!

Comments