Modernizing Shamanism

Modernizing Shamanism






Shamanism is an old custom. Most people would see shamanism as largely unneeded in this day and age. Although the times have definitely changed, shamanism is still needed. The only thing true shamanism needs is a modern update. People don't seek mediums and natural healers anymore, this is reality. What shamanism need is some sort of standard that can be incorporated into our modern and high-tech society. Shamanism can find a home in this world.

Shamanism is, at its core, a synergetic archaic art that creates a bond between humans and animistic spirits. Shamans are bound to their guardian spirits, and in some imaginative way, fight and die with their spirits. The spirit cares for the shaman, and the shaman also cares deeply for their ever-faithful guardian. Shamans are becoming a dying breed in this world because of the diminishing need for shamans and their art. Shamanism, however, will never die. It's more correct to say that shamanism will die without modern innovation.

Shamanism can be used in secret to become exorcists and advisors to humanity. We can use our extraordinary skill to become unsung supernatural artisans. My mastery over the written and spoken word comes from practice and additionally the use of my shamanism. Spirits assist me with everything I do, from daily tasks to writing and studying. Pages fill for me by properly harnessing my gift. Shamanism can be used for virtually everything, including aiding in your own investigations. You can boost your professional skill in secret with shamanism, giving you an uncanny edge over your competitors. Shamanism can even be used to assist in gardening and cultivation. We can grow our own food for our own consumption and others by using our shamanism to understand the seasons and how to properly grow the vegetables in question. Another creative but similar use for shamanism is using the gift to predict weather patterns. Not every community in the world is blessed with a meteorologist. Another use for shamanism is to use our power to create and patent new inventions that could impact our lives for the greater good.

Shamanism doesn't have to die out or change its principles just because people's trust and belief in us has nearly perished. Shamans such as me still rely heavily on society. A shaman cannot exist without humanity, and it's about time shamans do whatever it takes to lead humanity to a new age. By combining the old with the new, we can usher in a new age of consciousness that keeps the best of all of the aeons. We, be us a shaman or human, are responsible for the future of our planet and all of the people who reside on it. We must act now before both our shamanistic culture and the world as we know it becomes devoured by our own abuse of the earth mother. Shamans must stop their antisocial ways and modernize.


A Glimpse Into The Past

I wanted to recount a part of my shamanistic past to help relay my message. When I was younger, shamanism was new and exciting. My patron deity quickly became my best friend and helped me cope with the rigid ways the world had been treating me. Over time, I became more confident and skilled. It was all because of a ghost named Jen that I wasn't left behind to be claimed by this cruel world. She made me strong when no one else could. Now, in this day and age, I am strong because of her. I must now share my gift with the world, making society strong as she had made me. I must recalibrate and redefine my ways for a better world that we all can live in. Join me as we bring forth a new age. You can make a difference. Ciao!


Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back those who are legit.

Comments