Less Restrictive Gun Control





Less Restrictive Gun Control

Now, more than ever, gun control debates rage on in the United States. After an individual in the United States phoned the police and then the suspect in question proceeded to fatally wound one police officer and shoot several others, we need to examine where we went wrong and allowed this man, an apparently mentally ill man named Matthew Riehl, 37, to kill our brave men who enforce the law. My step brother and father work in law enforcement, and what if this psycho killed them? People who kill people for no good reason are psychos, no matter what. Who will pay for the officer he killed, our brave Zackari Parrish? I'm asking you now to have a moment of silence for him, for he is a brave warrior who fell in combat.

We aren't here for nothing, though, people. I don't think super strict gun control laws are needed or helpful. People will still get guns if they are going to do evil with them. Screenings, assault weapon bans, and waiting periods are all established in many states to govern gun sales. What’s needed, as much as I hate to say it, is education to deter people from using firearms in evil ways. Our US Constitution gives us the right to use firearms. They serve as both home protection and the way some people gain food via hunting. To just ban sales of firearms for no good reason is extreme.





What could work is thorough mental health and criminal screenings of gun purchasers to avoid selling guns to those who are unstable. Also, locking up guns and taking gun handling courses that are mandatory would serve as less restrictive gun laws. Guns are absolutely needed in places like Alaska as wild animals that are dangerous stray close to many homes. We need to look at video games, too. Many games like Grand Theft Auto allow people to shoot and kill police officers. In my opinion, and hate me if you will, it is evil to make games like Grand Theft Auto. I am a hardcore gamer, too. Most of the games I play are roleplaying games and contain fantasy violence. Some shooting games serve as an effective way to use guns. Just ask the US Military! They use video games to train soldiers, and even create their own called America's Army. I'm not anti-military, but excessively violent video games are way too rampant these days.

We don't need a military police state but that is probably where we are headed. Who told the police shooter in Colorado to kill that brave police officer and wound the others? Probably voices in his head. I have no remorse for those who kill cops. Zackari Parrish and his family deserve closure. Screw Matthew Riehl. He needs the words “I am a crazy nutcake” written on his grave and should be banned from being buried near any church. I hate church, too. I'd rather be fishing. Ciao!


Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I follow back those who are legit. Be sure to share your work with me, too!

Comments