The Horrors Of American Life



The Horrors Of American Life

I'm as American as they come. I survive paycheck to paycheck, I work hard for little compensation, and I'm surrounded by sinners who don't understand me. I have a mostly European national background, with my family originally coming from places like Germany and France. I can't walk outside without being in a heavily polluted environment, and there is little to no natural terrain left besides a few occasional parks. No country is perfect, and America stands for liberty, but am I truly free?





I don't want to seem ungrateful, but the world of American life confuses me and makes me want to retreat. I live for a higher consciousness, and I am convinced that no American is truly intelligent enough to conceive my form. My life is one of personal wonder that is seen only by my closest friends and family. In America, religion is limited and absent, as those who are of the Christian god are some of the worst scum there is. I live for greener pastures, but I fear that I will never see them unless I obtain money. This is anecdotal but also ironic. Some time ago I started learning Italian. Although I could not find a place anywhere within Italy, I fantasize about going there to live, bringing my family and friends, being in a place where I could make a new life. Although I have an opposition to the church to an extreme level, I would be willing to work within the Vatican if it meant being able to feed my family and keep a roof over our head. You may ask what would make a man or a woman believe that they can easily get a job in the church even though they have no faith in Catholicism? This is just the way of the world and I place money in front of my own personal beliefs. I do not care about a Christian god, as praying to that one in the past only created heartache. I am free inside, but that is only because of my own mind. When the forces of man had taken away my best friend Jen Hawkins, it humbled me, and I knew only two things were true. One, that the Christian god did not kill Jen, and two, man is evil, and the concept of the devil is merely a creation of man. Americans put too much faith in  the belief of an all-loving creator. They believe that there is someone who will save them with a mere wish, but I know this is not true. I have to save myself in life, and this knowledge is what makes me a cut above the rest. Self-reliance is critical if you want to survive.

Americans bicker over the dumbest things. Were we not put on this earth to love and cherish one another? Why did we ever get this way? Why are we a nation of people arguing over politics and religion? We are no longer just. We must examine what we have done to make this ignorant hell we call The United States. What will we do to save each child that grows up hungry and illiterate? We can no longer ignore what really is our enemy, the lack of intelligence and wisdom that exists within each and every American. Not everyone is dumb here, but I feel that everyone here is a puppet that is incapable of being treated as a wise and educated individual. We have been spoiled for too long in this human wasteland we call America. Rise up with me and fight for higher learning and truth. In this life, truth, love, and virtue must prevail. Where do you stand on the issues? With who does your heart rest with at night? Will you be strong enough to survive the horrors of American life, or will you be yet another statistic and body in the ground when you pass on?

Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back!

Comments