Scars


Scars

We all try to hide our scar. We constantly want to hide our scars.  Hiding obscures what others can see. The marks of our past leave unsightly scars on our conscious that few of us want others to see. We find all sorts of ways to hide ourselves, visibly and not. Sometimes we don't even care about the physical body, and do not even try to hide it, as our emotional scars hurt us much more. It hurts to talk about our scars, but sometimes, we can't help it. 

We can't hide our scars, but we can work to overcome them. We have to acknowledge our scars. We can be beautiful, whether we have scars or not. We should, quite honestly, show them off. Remember, we lived through a nightmare to get each of our scars. Doesn't that mean we are tougher and stronger than everyone else? Face it, no one else can take the punishment we receive in life. We are fighters, and no one can take us down.




Do you remember when you got those scars? Did it feel like the whole world was crashing down around you? I bet it did, because each time I received a scar, everything became bleak. It felt like I would never live again. Within time, all wounds healed, as they always do. I was, for lack of better terms, strong again. We can't escape what happened, but at least we all have one heck of a story that goes with each scar that is upon our weary yet stalwart souls. We cannot forget those battles that we survived. Isn't surviving a mark of a successful soul? 

You were made to live in this harsh world, but no one ever said it would be easy. This life is an inferno, and it wants to engulf everyone it sees. You're obviously alive, aren't you? That must mean you are doing something right. What I am saying to you here is that I want to appeal to your heart. That is what I'm after, of course. You can be an example much like me. Promote your life, and let others know that life is cruel but ultimately worth it. We have our own lives, and each one is unique and beautiful. If you knew how much I value life, I believe it would blow you away. How much do you value life? I bet you care about it just as much as you I do. You're a fighter, and those scars on you prove that you are a warrior, tried and true. Can anyone deny that you are alive? As long as you can hear the beat of your heart, I am sure that you are alive. Whether it is deafening or faint, it means that you did not fall, and you are strong enough to carry on until your bitter end. I appreciate those who are alive and dead, as all have gone through the greatest trial, which is, of course, life itself. We have gone through hell, and those scars that are all over us are the most beautiful thing that anyone could ever see. Embrace yourself, and I mean all of you. Ciao! 

Join me on Twitter! Search user name @BPLovecraft I always follow back! 

Comments