Reflections From An American Witch

Reflections From An American Male Witch


 I haven't had much exposure to the world in some time, but I wanted to tell you what it is like being a person of another culture and set of beliefs in America. I have practiced for 12 years, and I have lived a life of enlightenment and wonder. Witchcraft enchanted me some time ago, and I had to study many esoteric texts before I ever understood even a single bit of it. Very few people understand what witchcraft is, and I'll try my best to explain it. Witchcraft is what a wise woman or man practices for incremental gains, and in my case, the gods. When I work my craft, I do it for a god that empowers me, be it the earth mother, the sun, etc. I am not looking for someone who supports me, but more someone who liberates me and unleashes my shackles. In this world, I am frail, but with my craft, I am strong, like a lion. As people hate me, the spirits of generations past love me. I will always be in the minority, but heck, I love my life. 






A witch toils endlessly to achieve any of their own means. What I have done over time is pleasing to me. I never run into someone such as me, but I do know that there is other witches out there. My splendid wisdom comes from the working of my craft. What I have suffered from now will be gone tomorrow. My craft always works in my favor. The Christians may hate me, but I do not hate them. I feel as if this country has declined since we settled here. What we did to the Native Americans and their pagan-enriched culture hardly seems fair. We have taken their land and destroyed their homes. I sympathize with them, and I want all of you who live in different countries to know this land is great for civil rights but not moral rights. Morality, like in many other places, is not maintained in America. Christianity is nothing more than the government’s way of of pushing upstart young men and women to the grave. Witchcraft is my nightly escape, leading me on a magickal moonlit path to the stars. 


 What the suffering one endures is never done by others. Suffering is a state that is self-induced. My story is that I became sick of the world and left for one that granted all of my wishes. I want to tell any Americans who are hurting right now that you are okay and well-loved by me. I do not wish for you to take the path I have taken, but still, it will always remain open to those strong enough to take it. Whether you are traveling to another realm or concocting a herbal cure, witchcraft has answers and paths that will lead you to places beyond your wildest dreams. Don't doubt what you already know. Please, do not hate anyone. Although Christians are misled and often hypocrites, they are not worthy of hate, no matter how much they hate you. Never repay evil with evil. Be a kind witch, and show quiet resistance. We are the children of a free generation, and we are able to think for ourselves and make our own decisions morally and spiritually. Let's use our minds to decide what is right and wrong for us, no matter who you are or what you believe in. We have been blinded by the Christian church for too long, and now it is the time to show them we have the answer. The answer is free thought and enlightenment, and we need to tell people the Christian God is only stopping people from seizing their true destiny and their promised legacy. May your path be filled with light and full of blessings.

Comments