What Does Freedom Mean To You?

What Does Freedom Mean To You?



 In America, we often take our freedom for granted. Everyday we buy products at low costs, earn high wages, have taxes take care of the needy, and enjoy fine entertainment and social venues. We have the right to equality and fair vote, as well as rights to religious practice, but, guess what? Every nation does not have the same liberties as us. Look at England, for example. They have no democracy and their leaders are by birthright. Monarchy is just one of the many forms of corruption that exists in other nations throughout the world. We are very lucky to live in America, so I want to ask you something. What does freedom mean to you?



 Freedom means a lot to me. I am able to form my own belief system and I am not persecuted for them as long as I don't break the law. I believe the whole anti-muslim sediment was not because of their beliefs but because of their terrorist actions against the United States. Do not hate the player, hate the game, as they say. If any other religion founded themselves on violence towards Christians and other people who do not believe the same way as they do, I wouldn't want them near me, either. This is proven, too, as the Koran is riddled with hatred. I am not an infidel, nor do I like it when someone calls me one. Do you? I know many people will disagree with me but that is the great thing about America, we are all entitled to our own opinion and beliefs. George Washington, I love you, and I will stand by all your successors. You can call me corrupt or hateful but I worship a God of love myself, whatever his name may be.



 Freedom isn't something that's free. Many people have died for my right so that I could live, including my great uncle, USMC, KIA, purple heart and active combat badge recipient. That's my grandfather's brother, who is also a vet. Darn right I take honor in them, as they are brave men who fought for this nation. I am nothing before them, as I cannot say I have done what they have done. America is indeed the home of the brave, and I'm dedicating this article to all veterans, active or not, worldwide. I've done so much in my life but I haven't served my nation like them. 



 It used to be those who spoke against parliament were put on the block and those who were against the mayor or president were strung up. So I think we have a lot to be thankful for. I have never seen so little support for our president that it isn't even funny. We voted him in, after all. I would love to shake hands with the president but I believe I'll never have that honor, no matter which president it is. I just hope I can be remembered in someone's heart, and honestly, I hope it is you.



 My voice has increased, and that is thanks to all of you. We are a world population that is quickly grasping all sorts of wisdom here, and my readership is at an all-time high. Don't make me a king, but instead your serf-turned-knight, my pen as my sword. I will continue to tackle all the hard issues, and also those that are just flatout weird. We here at the Dojo Of The Mind want open-minded, freethinking, pupils, and I believe all of you are it. Take great honor that we live in a free nation, and God, to those of you who aren't in one, my heart goes out to you, as the Lord, whoever he may be, knows I weep for you daily.

Comments