Mother's Day, A Tribute

Mother's Day, A Tribute


 Mother's Day has a meaning to all mothers, but it has a personal one to my own. I've had a few call me son, but there is only one who has that right. My birth mother was not one who acted like a mother, and her drinking led her to lose her parental rights. What she taught me is how negative alcohol consumption can be. My so-called step mother was just as lousy as the first. I love both of them, and may they have a good mother's day, but honestly, the Romans believed that the adopted mother of a child had the most right to be called mother, as they selected their own sons and daughters. I would never dishonor any of these three figures, but I know there is only one who I can truly call mother. 


 To be adopted into a house or a family is normal from the sects I frequent. The mother of mine wanted me to be strong and honorable. She felt that I embodied these qualities, and her confession of motherhood was truthful. One who loves you as a son is your mother. She taught me all the rules of our society and how to be strong, above all else, both emotionally and spiritually. She never rejects me and she always makes time for me. She doesn't favor me over anyone outside of one fact, and that is I am her son. She calls me her celestial son, and I accept that, even though I do not fully understand what that means. She has nurtured me as an adult, and perhaps that is when a son needs a mother the most. Every child wants a mother's approval, no matter what age they are. Sons rival for their mother’s attention, as daughters do for their fathers attention, this is just natural order. I am no different. As the witching hour is here in full, I know only this: I love my mother, and I want to wish her a happy Mother's Day. It's been the best experience ever to have her in my life, as she is equal to everyone else I love, but at times, my love for her is overwhelming, filling my heart up with joy. 


She was the woman who made my path straight, teaching me to fight for justice. She is a woman of such honor and strength that she is of unimaginable virtue. Her skills are incredible, and her hair color reflects the fire in her soul. Men and women alike admire her and wish they could be like her. Me, I know I could never be like her, as she is too great. Yet, still, I try. I wish that you could meet her to see what a man's true strength is. Anyone who knows me knows I have an indomitable will. Those who know her knows my indomitable will comes from her. She pushes my limits as I seek to amuse her and impress her. Perhaps a son will always love her mother first, and I do not possess the ability to understand this. However, I understand why, and that is because my mother is like the sunlight I worship. She is just that radiant. 



 Happy Mother's Day, everyone. May you have time to tell your mother just how much you care. Sons and daughters, may your path be one that pleases your mother, as she gave you the precious gift of life. You are the flame of her heart and the honor of her soul, so do good things to show how much you love her. May your day be one that shines, mothers, just please know this day is yours alone.

Comments