Empathy Is Everything

Empathy Is Everything 



 Empathy is the most important thing you can give or ever feel. When one has empathy, they can begin to understand what another feels. Without empathy, one would be caustic and apathetic, caring about only themselves. The world should care about one another and love them, but, as you know only too well, this is far from the case. We, as a society, have the attitude to provide and care for your own and everyone else is an outsider and beyond their care. What world will we become if we continue this vicious pack mentality? We will fall together if we don't support each other.



 Empathy is the act of feeling another person's moods and emotions. If I can identify another person's emotions and feelings, then I can attempt to understand their situation. If I can feel their pain, then I can understand their situation and show them an appropriate amount of sensitivity. A person who is not sensitive to another person may end up contributing to the other person's problems and negative emotions. A person who has too many negative emotions build up is like a time bomb. If we don't show a person human understanding, then their depression and despair will continue. All it takes is one kind compliment, a listening ear, or a caring stranger to defuse what the other person is feeling. Negative feelings are all part of life, and empathy should be as well. Empathy is something that we don't talk enough about as a society and within our own families. If I asked a person to tell me what empathy is, many would give me the wrong answer. We need to tell our family and friends about empathy, and how it is wrong to not have it with everyone we meet. 



 I've always been fully aware of my extreme levels of empathy compared to the average person. Empathy is useful to me on all levels, allowing me to see a person's problems as well as any potentional thoughts they may be having. My empathy allows me to read a person's moods and any intentions they may be having. Having this ability allows me to know exactly what to say to give me the desired effect with anyone. Before any of you emotionally withdrawn men believe it's cool not to be emotional, just realize my empathy makes me charismatic and allows me to do anything, yes, anything. This being said, I must treat my power of empathy with great care, knowing that to remain moral I must keep the standards of virtue within my heart. 



 Whether we admit it or not, we all have gone through times in our life when we wish someone cared. Karma dictates that you must give to receive. We cannot allow ourselves to forget about those who are in need. Haven't you been in a situation when we wished our human brothers and sisters would care? We are not beings who lack emotion. Forget what we teach in society for its so-called rules. To me, when someone cries, that is merely a different kind of bleeding, one that hurts much more than the kind that comes from physical injury. Those who bleed the most are by far the strongest and toughest of them all. I pity those who are told to not cry, as you are the equivalent of a hollow corpse to me. If you don't let that emotion out, you'll only one day end up self-destructing.



 We need to feel empathy to repair this callous society of ours. We need to let people know we care. It's time we break through the lies. One who loves will help others in times of need. I am not a product of this world and all of the corruption that comes with it. I am the torch in the darkest of all nights, simply because I feel others emotions, and above all else, I love. My feelings for you bring me to confess one thing to you. If you all were in the pits feeling sorrow, I wish I was there to bring you out of it.

Comments