This is the End; A Bloodborne Fan Fic

 This is the End...





Today, I ventured into the abyss. Like the dungeons of old, it was a dark place where I must be prepared. It was not long in my travels that i had encountered several aggressive beasts. Knowing the inevitable, I braced myself, and fought back, fiercely, knowing it would be the death of me if I didn't. After the first one was felled, it was a matter of mere moments until the surrounding beasts descended upon me. Clearly outnumbered, I resorted to the greatest asset to a hunter: his wits. 


It was quite quaint that I found so many beasts here. 'Tis not a typical gathering area for such abhorrent monstrosities. They attempted to ambush me. Using my instincts and honed reflexes, I was able to take the first one's life. The stench from its bloody carcass, the easily alerted the keen senses of my prey. After this initial encounter, and my prevalent flight, I had much to ponder. This was the trouble. I already had a lot to debate in my delirious mind. Back at my base of operations, I laid awake for several hours, recounting the events still. What exactly went wrong? Why was there a lair so haunted by this many beasts? How did the town's watch fail so absurdly? Being truly dedicated to my undertaking, I quickly began to devise a counteroffensive.


To combat such a threat, I would have to find its source. Such endeavors is no pale task. I would have to clear my mind, line my brain with eyes, and use what insight I have already gathered. There could be only one thing that may have done this: the church. Their miracle cure was in reality a powerful corrupter. I knew in my heart it has damned everyone. No prayer could possibly save me, or any of us. Quick, effective action was our only hope. This caused me to embrace one truth: that I, alone, was the only thing that would ever be of any help, to all. I had elected myself this village's messiah. Such a thing is nothing a sane mind could grasp. However, I long have since been mad.

Comments