They Aren't A Monster, They Are Actually Schizophrenic

The Greatest Fear






We've seen many terrifying horror movies throughout the years. However, in our reality, there is something by far more disturbing than any of our fantastic nightmares. It's something few experience and even less people want to experience. Schizophrenia, a mental disease categorized by hallucinations and distorted cognition, often taking its toll on once healthy minds. Ironically, schizophrenia can make you believe other people, including ghosts, are there, when they're not. Schizophrenia, when left unchecked, is a serious condition, but I'd like to point out that rarely ever does the afflicted ever hurt anyone besides themselves.


If You didn't know


You may not know anyone that has schizophrenia, and that is fine, but it is something that requires sympathy. I'm tired of that old bag of bones we call a President raging on about the things I simply cannot care about. Schizophrenia is often treated inappropriately, where they give them a medication that is known for rendering them infertile. Obviously, I'm not one for coitus, but perhaps we shouldn't tell people who can and cannot have children. In the past, an alarming number of people were abused in what was supposed to be their asylums. I've encountered all sorts of people in my life, and many of these types of people could have been my best friends. So you're probably wondering, if I can write like this how could I have known people like that? Maybe I have a rare skill, to truly have humility, or perhaps at one point society had labeled me amongst them. Whatever it is, it has became clear to me this is definitely an issue we should care about. It's not something anyone should be shamed or ridiculed for. If you or anyone you know is suffering from mental duress, than I recommend both prayer and cognitive behavioral therapy, and preferably also mediation.


Tactless, Not Heartless


Look, I know I come across as a heartless devil, but I assure you that there is some people inside my heart that I have deep, sincere emotion for. Often, you'll find out that it may become impossible to express how you feel to a schizophrenic because their hallucinations, which include "voices" block out your own words. However, I can assure you mean something to them. If they're having a bad day, maybe you should man up and overlook it. Forgive them, because I don't think many others would. The truth is these people need extra patience, not less of it. If humanity is so wonderful as many portray it as, than why does it seem they've left so many of their own behind?


Another Epidemic


America has had an upspike in mental illness cases lately. This is only because our testing has became more thorough. We need to learn more effective ways of treating such hard to explain disorders and educate the ignorant. I remember how I always laugh when I get a rise out of people. I think, if I am a jerk, then what are you being to me? There is nothing truly that can separate humans from each other, as we were all at one time the most basic of forms. It is only through our actions and insinuating circumstances that we branch out from one another. Hate is awful, and no force can make you feel such a thing besides ignorance. If you've ever believed you hated the mentally ill, then I have news for you: you are more ignorant than them. However, you are reading me, so how bad could you really be? Have you ever considered the mental health industry? That be a great career path, mind you that your heart is in it. I don't believe it really pays millions, but what do I know? I'm your poor man's blogger, simply bringing you the truth.

Comments