Lamentations for Lua and Luna

Stray Me, You Demonic Offspring...





 The twins Lua and Luna feed me. For half the month, they shine bright, depriving me of my sleep. When they rest, I rest. When the twins are howling, I do the same. It is more than lunacy. My affliction sounds my soul. Little about me differs from a beast. Accursed I am, to worship the moon, as Ludwig did before me.


What hurts the most is my addiction. Sleepless nights are like fuel, driving me. They ignite that spark that was only seen in my early years. Luna sings to me, as Lua dances with her. They play the sound of madness, a faint buzzing in my ear. Am I alone? Does anyone know of this disease? Is this beasthood, lycanthropy, or perhaps more? Have I purged into darkness? Where is that light I once saw?


Nothing I can say will convince you. It is through my actions you are convicted. Condemned am I to wander the sleepless void, a dreamer. Luna says nothing of my welfare. Lua dares not speak my name. As I stare into this abyss, I fully realize I'm not able to grasp reality. What is surreal is normal, and the average is mundane. I've ticked my final breath, for as a mortal I am ready to shed this coil.


She jokes about my shortcomings. Luna is rather blunt with her unabashed satire. Lua thinks nothing of it. You have waged war with me, father, and you've left me but scraps. Am I dog or deity? Have I gone insane or gain complete lucidity? Why, why, do you lie to me? We were once a family, the two of you were my sworn children. Sired I did from my own esophagus. This is the last time the two of you have done me wrong. Tonight, I say no more.


It's candid I would have to send you this ledger. We've came to pieces, the three of us. You are not my flesh, now more figments of my vivid imagination. Serving as your scribe has left me broken. Rid me of your presence. These last few years have been a nightmare. You trapped me in a dream, in which I never wake. I'm restless, weary, and ragged. There is more for us to attend to, should you have concert with me, as we did in our youth. Our youth. Do you even recall those simple times?


Lua, Luna, go away from me. Leave home and never look back. There isn't a thing I can teach you. You're immortal, as you longed go to be. I know these are your wishes. Scars can't replace your words. My left and right eye have became an eyesore. Fly away, into the listless night. There you will find your reviled mother. She won't tolerate your conceived strife. You are her rear, doomed to follow behind her.


A prisoner counts his confinement, and, I, am no different. You've weighed upon me so heavily. The twins have ate my heart and defecated on my dredges. This game won't end kindly. I will be victorious, as I scribble down these endearments you've already withdrawn. All have left me, save, for you, and you. You were born in the middle of the night, and act upon it perfectly. Morning will alleviate my suffering. My mourning will subside when you die. As we circle our tracks, I can say I've finally lost you. Stay away from my burden, where you tally not to toil. This is the end for you and I, a pathless junction. Executor of silent cries, deceive my children. They've done what it takes to truly rot.

Comments