The World Abandoned Me (Good Riddance)

The World Abandoned Me (Good Riddance)







(Open-versed, nonsensical poetry)


As I progressed down my path, I found that there was no heading back. I wasn't meant to walk anymore. As gravity let go, I discovered that the sky was the only place where I could find a home. No one disputed this fact. Everyone let me go. There was no reason for enlightenment to not change who I am. As I look down, I lose my memory of my former life. There's nothing on the ground for me.

The world didn't want me. As I developed my creativity and my knowledge, I realized that this was the true path to the promised land. As everyone else became irrelevant, I wished that they would forgive me. They didn't, throwing their stones at me as I hovered there. Life on earth was over. Now, only virtue and strength reign. What has became of me? Am I this far gone?

There's nothing to debate. There's no decision to make. What I left behind is nothing. My one wish will never come true so why not just Ieave the world behind? I'm unique here. No one can tell me no. Life hasn't been perfect but I'm better now. There is something worth living for, and I found it here. My heart may be shallow but the reality is that it's safe now. Thank you for hearing my pleas. We weren't left behind.

What wasn't my salvation was my freedom. There's so much to learn that I feel lost. Is this the truth? Life doesn't get better until you let go of it all? I wrestled with the world and came out on top. You weren't that great, now, were you? You'll see that I'll see this through. Don't believe in nothing. This isn't a game we're playing. Come on, get up. You have so much more to do.

You thought this was over? No, my friend. It begins where it all ends. We can't fight with our paper guns. We must become something that cares. If we don't care, it's over. Isn't caring what brings everyone together? You'll see. We aren't in the same world anymore. You fighting me and me fighting you, what's there to prove?

It's not going to end the way I want it to. Let me fight. No, not you again. What do you want me to do? Should I just say it's all over? What good would that do? Would it stop the world from bleeding? Isn't this the war from which I'm fleeing? No, I'm not going to go. I'll stand my ground and hold it, too. We won't die unless we try, so we must pick up where we left off. The crimson soldiers fall down at the drop of a hat. Pick them back up. That's what you got.


Contact me:


Email:
brylock62@gmail.com

Twitter:
@BPLovecraft

Twitter for readers and writers:
@SirVarnerAuthor

Tumblr username:
forgottensoul13

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/bryan.varner.509

Comments