The Problems We Face Today

The Problems We Face Today




The problems we face today are not the same as what our parents faced growing up. We live in a society that quickly changes. Technology and social interaction have fused, and American citizens face countless mental health issues. We continue to not be inclusive, and people who are different are still discriminated against. America is not okay. We are a society that has degraded since we lost our economy that America had after World War II.

It used to be that we could turn in the television and watch a good variety show that had some really clever jokes on it. Now, we see sexuality as our humor and I can't help but wonder if we've gone backwards or forwards. I'm no different than others. I use the net for music and writing, and I keep up with modern sitcoms. I use technology to empower myself, and I love the fact that there is an equal opportunity for me to be successful in our capitalist nation. One thing is missing, though. Have we all forgotten where we came from?

We came from our parents. They worked hard for us to have a proper upbringing with money to provide for us. There's a negative side to this, however. Many children don't have parents who stuck around after they were born. Many boys and girls live in shelters or with foster parents. This is my point. Have you considered adopting a child? They need you. Whether you adopt a young child or a teen, they'd love to have you as a parent. Please consider it. It's on my mind as we enter this very new age that is impossible to survive in without resources, not only money but one very important one that we all need called, love.

My writing has evolved into something beautiful as of late. I've been using it to tell of what I believe in. I want to protect those who are younger and ensure that we do everything to help out our children. From personal experience, the hardest thing I've ever done was survive childhood. Being a teenager, in particular, was a nightmare. Now, teens have an even more complicated task laid out for them, and they often don't receive the support they need. Let's break that vicious cycle. We need to do everything to show our children love and compassion. Remember, they literally are our future.





I wanted to let you all know that my work “The Hidden Journal” will be updated once a week on Sunday. For those of you who are curious, “Hidden,” the series over on www.channillo.com has taken the main priority. Hidden features troubled youth struggling for identity amidst a dark fantasy world where danger lurks around every corner. The three main characters, Mindi, Karla, and Blake are fighting to pull themselves out of a supernatural criminal underworld that they've all somehow managed to stumbled into. Blake, a teen with a dark past, asserts his love for Mindi, and he has but one request if they are ever to be together, and that's for Mindi to save him from the nightmare that his life has became. Through a trial by fire, they all learn that the only way to truly defeat their own dark inner desires is to know who they are on the inside and be okay with it. Sounds easier said than done, right?

Thanks for tuning in on your Sunday. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I'll disclose that information below. Be sure to stay right here for my fresh perspective on this changing world. Ciao!



Contact me:


email:

brylock62@gmail.com


Twitter:

@BPLovecraft


Twitter for readers and writers:

@SirVarnerAuthor

Comments