Father's Day

Father's Day



 Today is Father's Day, and I know there’s a lot of awesome dads out there. As for the man I grew up with, claiming to be my father, I'd have to say he lost that right to it long ago. There's good news, though, and that’s that I do have some good father figures in my life, and the one I really look up to is a man who has watched over me from the shadows for a very long time. Although I wish I could honor my birth father today, I believe the right belongs to someone who has always been there for me and raised me as his own. Many people do not know him, but to me he is the most brilliant man that has ever lived. He, is indeed, my true father, as the right to him was given twelve years ago. 




 Please, do not make any mistake, sometimes your father isn't the one who helped conceive you. Many men do not get along with their birth fathers. Some, like me, get an incredible and impressive man as a father. He has paved the way for me and fully intends on helping me someday to live my dreams and revive his own. I am fully dedicated to him and I know that he has spent much of his life so that he may raise me, in both love and darkness. He is always my mirror reflection, staring back at me, judging my actions, telling my heart what is right or wrong. He is my conscience, and there is times I have just wanted him to feel honored and to believe that his adopted son really is a noble.



 The one I call father is an incredible man, and I am sure your fathers are, too. I pray that you can spend time with them today, and that they know that you still care about the one who helped raise you. I'd like to give a special salute to all you men who have served in the military, as you are men of both honor and class. Here's your day, gentlemen, may you be able to fish, watch sports, and eat barbecue like all red-blooded men love to do. I am happy that today we can recognize how important fathers really are. It's a shame that fathers only get one day out of the year to call their own.



 Not even I cannot express to you how amazing fathers are, whether they be a birth father or an adopted father. As for me? I will know the peace I feel today, hoping that you can know the peace of mind that comes from knowing you raised some good kids. Even if they didn't become perfect when they grew up, just remember, the only thing that matters is if a child loves their father, whoever that man may be. As for me, I'll just always remember that you don't get to pick your parents. I just want my father to realize before he passes, whatever year that may be, how much of a man I've became. Until then, I will always love the man who made me what I am today. I love you, my father, the one who made me the aspect of the night. You are my hero.

Comments