Maintaining A Happy Life



Maintaining A Happy Life

A happy life is something we all want. Our lives are dictated by that one rule, and that is to be happy in everything and all we do. For many, happiness is elusive or non-existent. Have you ever been sad or upset before? We all have, and that is a valid emotion. However, some of us are feeling sorrow because we haven’t moved passed events that happened in our past. The human mind tends to obsess by what was done to us and not what we have right now. Seems like a huge flaw in the mind, doesn't it? Actually, it is something that is a personal choice more than anything else.

We can all live a happy life as long as we work towards it. We must appreciate what we have, and engage in safe and healthy activities. If someone has a job that makes them depressed, I highly recommend examining your career and where it is taking you. If you are in an abusive relationship, then I believe you should talk about it with your partner. If you are having problems with your family, then you need to express it and set boundaries. We have the full potential to control our emotions and it is important to understand many negative emotions and thoughts come from your environment. Do whatever you can to create a stable living situation for yourself, as your home should be nothing but peaceful. Trust me, a place or establishment should not have hate or anger enter it. One will be forever lost in sorrow after any time anger rises up inside.

It is not to say that depression and anger are not valid emotions, but more of unneeded or unwanted emotions. We all have great potential, and we deserve to be happy. For those of you who live throughout the world, my heart goes out to all of you as I understand all of your suffering, and I hope that you will gain some wisdom from this article. Remember, resistance to negativity is best done quiet and inside our minds. We are all equal, and we are brothers and sisters forever. May peace be a goal for all of us, as happiness and joy both come from peace.


Happiness has many principles, as most of them are merely how you look at things. I look at someone in hate or anger, I am bound to not be happy. If I get upset because something did not turn out the way I wanted it to, I am just preventing myself from being happy. As cliched as it is, I should be happy each day that I am alive. Appreciating my life and enjoying the experience I have here in the world is something that I should not ever take for granted. Can you imagine years ago to think we’d have such a great place to express our thoughts freely as on the internet? The internet allows me to get both my thoughts and feelings out there so that everyone can see them, and I want them to help you as much they have helped me. We absolutely are not uncaring bipedal animals but we are more like loving humans with a desire to be loved too. Who doesn’t want to feel joy, and the greatest joy is to be loved. So go out there, and create and nurture happiness in your life and others’ lives. Get your own little slice of happiness today.

Comments