Teen Depression Is So Hard

Teen Depression Is So Hard



Depression is so hard for everyone. My dad taught me to always care about people who are depressed. In fact, when we are depressed, we become hypocritical. Why? It is because selfish, feeling we are the only ones in the world who are upset. This is simply not the truth! Millions are suffering, both teens and adults! We need to support one another and think about how others might be feeling. Sometimes, the one who understands depression the most is someone else who is also depressed. I urge you to look out for people who are depressed at school, both boys and girls. They not only need understanding adults but also other teens to confide in. Please, though, do not encourage but instead, discourage them to cut and harm themselves. We aren't perfect but we shouldn't hurt ourselves. In fact, please, if you're hurting yourself, tell an adult. You are too beautiful to harm yourself.


Life always seems the hardest when you are depressed. When you suffer from chronic depression as a teen, you will tend to struggle, a lot. Never give up hope, no matter how bad you are suffering. It doesn't matter what you believe in, you should at least always believe you can be happy. Life sucks when you are upset, but there is always a happy future in store for you. There are many treatment options available, including ones that don't have to be medication with their side effects, which scares people, especially self-conscious girls. The first step, as I always say, relies upon you telling someone. You need to be positive and do not be scared. Often we don't tell anyone about our depression because we are scared of what people will think. Do not let your fear stop you from getting help. Suicide always occurs when depression goes untreated. Many boys and girls kill themselves each day because of depression. Do not become a victim! We are too beautiful to let depression beat us. Be proactive, tell your story, just as I do.


You are not alone. Depression is hard, in fact, it's the hardest thing there is, but no problem is impossible to beat. Getting help now doesn't have to be hard. There is even a teen line out there where you can talk to other teens about your problems. I'll go ahead and share that website with you today so you can get connected, too. I'm fighting for you, wishing for you to know how beautiful and special you are! Depression is scary, but I will fight for you. I suffer from depression each day and I battle my problem by talking about it so I can help you. My dad taught me a valuable lesson and that is no one deserves to be sad. We need to be there for each other, and be sensitive to one another. We need to not hurt each other's feelings, because we might send each other over the edge. Let's help one another. I am Ameila Varner, your host of Get Help Now. Let each day be a learning opportunity to help you on your path to beat depression. Here's that website for you. Just post your link into Chrome or whatever. I love you all. 



https://teenlineonline.org

Comments