Who Can Understand Teen Depression?

Who Can Understand Teen Depression?






This post has a clever name. It implies that few understand what we go through. Do even we know the problem that faces us every minute of the day? I don't. That's right. I don't understand what depression is. I wonder how I or anyone else could be happy. It just seems like life should be happier. Well, guess, what? It's not. Thirteen is a horrible age. Despite my intelligence, you have to remember I'm still just thirteen, not even fourteen. All the advanced schooling won't keep me from the simple facts that rule my life. At my age, there are many things that I want to do that I can't because of my fragile age. As I experience what it is like to be a teenager, I struggle to understand it and the way I feel. Teen depression sucks. At least I understand that.


Teen depression is more common now than it has ever been. Many teens are realizing that depression is almost synonymous with being a teen. We have a hard life ahead of us, that is true, and we'll probably never understand why we feel the way we do. It's not a matter of understanding it but more that we need to accept we are depressed and need help. We all need help in life. We can't assume that we can beat a hard problem like depression on our own. As I've often said, the best thing we can do to help beat teen depression is tell a trusted adult. Teen depression is serious and can worsen as long as it goes untreated. There are treatment options that have been proven to work. You don't have to understand depression to get help with it. It's more important to understand that you can get help with your teen depression than anything else. You can try and boggle your mind with what teen depression is and why you have it, but will that do you any good? It's better to accept yourself for who you are and all that you struggle with. Trust me, you're not even close to being alone in this fight against teen depression. Many, if not all of us, are depressed. Being a teen comes with so much pressure that it almost seems natural to become sad and even have bad thoughts. Whatever level of depression we personally experience, that is completely up for us to decide. I'm not saying that we will all take pills or cut, because we know that isn't the truth. What I am saying is that it's impossible not to get upset in life.


No one can fully understand teen depression, not even a doctor. We can't hide our problems from anyone. Take control of your depression today. I'm going to include a link to the Mayo Clinic’s description of teen depression. See if that describes you. I've looked over the page and can say they know what they are talking about. I want you to also research treatment for your teen depression. Please, do it for me, because I love you. I am Ameila Varner, your host of Get Help Now. Please don't give up in your fight, as you're now on your way to better days. Here's that link. Please check it out. Just paste it into Chrome or whatever.



https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/teen-depression/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350991




Here's another link that's helpful:



https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/teen-depression/symptoms-causes/syc-20350985

Comments