A New Year For Depressed Teens

A New Year For Depressed Teens






I wanted to just say teens in the title. Why? Simple: is any teen who's not depressed? Even the rich girls don't seem happy. They constantly hide the one fact that we all know, and that is the fact that it sucks to be a teen. We want freedom and we never get it. We want people to respect us and believe that we are special but few do. They call us stupid kids without a second look. We'll never be more to them, and I don't know about you, but I'm a girl and a lot of dangers exist out there for me. Predators lurk around each corner and want to exploit the fact that I am physically weak. My dad and mom make sure that I am safe but it doesn't mean that I don't know why. I'm thirteen, and people want to hurt me. I have my mom's shortness so that really doesn't help. This new year means many things for me, but most of that is boring school stuff.


Do I think about things? Well, of course I do. It's pretty hard to not realize that I'm still thirteen and life sucks for a teen. I get sad, sometimes have bad thoughts, and I'm glad I haven't started cutting. You should see my mom's arms. She said she added one a week for what seems like forever. She was once a teen, and didn't meet dad until later on in life. The new year is probably already depressing for teens like you and me, but we have a lot of things we can be hopeful for, right? We might be 18 one day and get to make even more stupid mistakes. I'm not looking forward to it, and, yeah, even I think about it. Being out of the house would be like going to a new school where I'm surrounded by a bunch of kids I don't know. It's really scary. If you're a teen turning 18 soon, I'm hoping that your new life as an adult isn't as bad as what I imagine my future to be.


There are a few ways to fight all of those bad thoughts about the future. We can be better people if we talk about our depression. This new year doesn't have to be a really bad one like all the rest. I'm going to include a link that will tell you about treatment and what that is like for people. I look through the pages so I'm hoping it can help. I love you, even thought I'm a dumb thirteen-year-old. I know how much it sucks when it seems like you don't have a friend. I am Ameila Varner, your host of Get Help Now, telling you that I will always write for you. Here's that link for you, and all of the warm feelings that I can send your way. Paste this in your web browser, okay? There's even a quiz you can take. Just use like Chrome or whatever.


https://www.psycom.net/depression.central.teens.html

Comments