Is Teen Depression Normal?

Is Teen Depression Normal?







Weird topic, huh? We always think that we aren't normal when we are sad. They tell you that you can't be depressed, that it isn't right. You can't feel that way, you just can't. Everyone, they believe, can't be emotional. If you are emotional, you have to be happy, and you can't be sad. If you're crying, they believe that it's just something that can be chalked up to teenage hormones. We all know it's not that simple. So, is it normal to be depressed when you are a teen?



I'm going to point out a simple fact. I'm a teen, and so is everyone up to the age of nineteen. A thirteen-year-old, however, has less means of dealing with their bad thoughts and emotions than a nineteen-year-old does. Does that make us all that different? Yes, and it's normal to feel sad at some point of your life. The nineteen-year-old can feel upset, just like me or anyone else. Adults feel upset often, I'm sure, but just won't admit it. So, my conclusion is that it can be very normal for a teen to feel upset. Don't be scared. Many teens are sad just like you. Your depression doesn't make you strange or weird, and, dang it, you're not alone. Although you're broken now, you're strong enough to make it through this life. I know you can, and I'll be hoping and wishing that your tears one day may stop and you can live again. Remember, sometimes you just gotta breathe.


I want to tell you a funny story. My dad originally created this blog years ago. Eventually, he found out that it could be a powerful tool to do some outreach. As his life became busy, I begged him to let me write this. My dad always gives me what I want. (Unlike my mom!) I didn't know what to write at first, so I studied webpages and my own personal story. My life is my story. We don't live lives but more write our own stories. I want to change your life with my own personal awkward story. The last few months have been heck as I've adjusting to life as a teenager. I've cried, I've been moody, and I am starting to understand life has finally began now that I'm thirteen. No more grade school, the need for my own freedom, and, yes, thoughts about boys. I feel that I'm a wreck but my mom constantly reminds me of how smart I am. I don't really feel that way, but I've written enough and read many books, so I know that I can help you with my own stupid story. If you know what it is like to cry until you feel like you can't possibly cry anymore, then we have something in common. We are teens, and, quite honestly, our lives suck. Can I be eighteen already? Maybe it'll be easier then. Will it be, though? No, not unless you take time to beat this awful problem called depression. Now, you may ask, why is this story funny?


My story is funny because many teens are just like me. You're not weird, but actually quite normal. It's the kids who don't feel upset that are the crazy ones. We're different, but normal. Today, I wanted to share another link to a site that might be useful to you. As always, I am Ameila Varner, your voice of Get Help Now. Don't give up, okay? Here's that link. Just copy and paste it into your browser. You know, like Chrome or whatever.



https://www.verywellmind.com/teen-depression-3200844

Comments