Growing Up With Teenage Depression

Growing Up With Teenage Depression





Blogged by Ameila Varner, your new permanent host of Get Help Now. My father has taken on many projects of late, and, besides, I'm an actual teenager. It's so nice to meet you in my blogging debut.

Many people grow up with teen depression and don't even realize it. We sometimes can't identify when we are depressed, especially at that age. Why? Because sometimes depression is hard to detect, even for ourselves. We know when we are unhappy, but we do not realize that we may have a problem when we are sad or lack interest in what normally interest us. As teens, we often go to school and engage in extra activities that simply don't give us time to realize our depression. Our busy teenage worlds make it so we cannot cry and realize that we are unhappy.

As a teenager, I live a crazy life. I'm always on the go, and I'm really active in my studies. Have I ever been sad? Yes! All I've ever wanted was someone who understands me. My mom and dad are really smart but they aren't my peers. They can relate their childhoods and how they may have been upset growing up but they simply don't realize all of the pressures that modern teenagers face. The internet was not around when they were kids, and they had little trouble fitting the perfect image they make young teenage girls like me worship. I don't want to be pretty, I just want to be loved. I want someone to tell me that crying is okay. I want someone to tell me it's not weird to be sad every now and then. I want to know I'm not a freak, you know? Am I?

Teen depression happens to many, if not everyone. You're not weird, if you even have bad thoughts. Find someone you can talk to, find someone who relates to you. Growing up with teen depression is hard. You need someone who can fight your depression with you. You might even be able to join internet forums and groups that can support you in your struggle against depression. You don't have to grow up alone. You can find a way to beat your depression. The more pain you survive, the stronger you become.

Teen depression is a scary thing to live with. It alienates you from other students. It makes you want it skip school and do drugs. It makes you want to hurt yourself and post sad things on your social media. It's because you are looking for someone to help you, and that's the truth. We seek attention because we are crying our eyes out before bed and it hurts every part of our weary hearts and minds. Growing up with teen depression is a nightmare, but you are not alone. Whatever your age or school year may be, I know you're strong enough to defeat any problem that comes your way. You can get help. Take the steps to get help and become that beautiful flower that I know you can be and always will be. Life is only hard if you are alone, and trust me, you're never truly alone. I will always be with you, in my own way, writing for you, each and every one of you.

Comments