The Path To Enlightenment

The Path To Enlightenment







Thirteen years ago, I started my journey to enlightenment, unknowingly. I had the basic framework for what could be a good life, one where hard work and honesty could pave the way towards a bright future. I was awakened, aware of what was around me. Despite all of this, I will tell you something: I knew nothing. I was intelligent, observant, and perceptive, yet, I knew nothing.

I had to learn that the only way to be wise was to gain experience, and experience comes with years of trial and error. If you are young, and just so happen to be reading this, I will tell you that if your experience is less than mine then my wisdom is greater than yours. Unless you've blogged over 500 times, I am a greater writer than you. May this be your first lesson towards enlightenment, humility. Unless you can be humble you'll never be enlightened. Pride is the killer of all paths, leading only to what we call the fool. Someone with pride is stubborn, and the fool is the most stubborn of all people.

You may ask, what degree of enlightenment do I have? One would think I have an extreme amount. I'm well read, know multiple languages, train in martial arts, limit my interaction with people so that I may know myself, and have a strong sense of value. I need not what the world offers. My degree of enlightenment becomes greater each day, as I know that a true man of virtue knows the art of sacrifice. Believe me, I know the art of sacrifice perhaps greater than anyone. What I left behind me years ago was too much for mere mortal men to part with. Thanks to my immortal soul, I was able to shut the world away. One who pursues enlightenment must not be of this world. The world hates the enlightened one.

I am no monk. I have a family, and believe in hunting. I admire both the knights and monks, but you can't always be what you admire. Maybe this is my greatest lesson to you. One can have all the admiration and respect for a certain type of people but it won't make you what they are. You can't be me, and you can't be someone else. I am me, and you are you, and enlightenment draws upon the intuitive feel of knowing one's self. You can aspire to be like someone else, but isn't it better to just be yourself?

If you ever come across a fork in the road of life, remember that each way leads to only one place. You can't turn back once you've made a decision and acted upon it. You must meditate upon all decisions before making them. Only in deep personal reflections will you find the answers you seek. You have the power to control your life as long as you take the time to choose your path carefully. If I was a venerated master or sage, I would have found that power to be what I am through my own careful meditation. We always want to make things easy in life. We want to never spend time thinking about our choices, but there is a choice behind every action we take, be it for better, or for worse. Your karma will come back to you, no matter what you believe. Karma is real, and it weighs upon everyone's soul heavily. Think carefully, and maybe one day you too can be an enlightened master.

Contact me:

Email:
brylock62@gmail.com

Twitter:
@BPLovecraft

Twitter for readers and writers:
@SirVarnerAuthor

Tumblr username:
forgottensoul13

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/bryan.varner.509

Comments