You Are Okay: Accept Everyone (Including LGBT)

You Are Okay: Accept Everyone (Including LGBT)







Today I encountered something that was both aggravating and heart wrenching. The website “GetUnderlined” (a new one,) wouldn't let me publish a description for my “Hidden” series because of a word that was contained within. The word within the description was “bisexual.” For those of you who do not know, my Hidden series is a young adult fantasy romance saga that features both gay and bisexual characters. None of the characters have any sex and the books contain absolutely no profanity. Have we really came to the point where we can't say bisexual or gay? That is what it means when someone likes the same gender or both. My character Mindi does not need to be censored for who she is.

Even I consider myself to contain both genders in my soul. I call myself a witch and not a wizard to indicate I am both male and female. All of my books are written from a female perspective. I am not gay but I know that it would be okay if I was. For those of you who may know, I am a shaman who has a female guardian angel. She possesses my body just as much as I do. I'm not afraid to like things females do, and I’m not afraid to get emotional. This issue deserves no religious aspect. A true god of love will love all, including LGBT. My god is a female, Gaea. She dwells in me and if she told me to wear a skirt, I would do it, proudly. I'm not afraid to stand up for those who I love and believe in.

I wrote my series to introduce the idea of gay and bisexual teens to the world. There are many out there and their parents need to accept them for who they truly are. I believe that everyone deserves love, and right now I'm going to say that I will support LGBT. I'm not afraid to support my fellow brother and sister, no matter who they are, are you? Let's erase the hate. I will not have sin on my conscious, and the worst sin is hate.

Don’t tell me your son or daughter is wrong for being LGBT. The only one that would be in the wrong is you, dead wrong. We are not damn Neanderthals who have a bleak and dim view on the world. We are all of the goddess's children, creatures of divine light. Steer clear of sites like GetUnderlined. They are obviously prude bigots who can't handle the idea that the world isn't flat. We need sites that support all people, not just squares who live in an Amish community and go to synagogue every Saturday.

If you don't support LGBT, then you are insecure. There is no reason to not accept them. They love just like everyone else. Love is blind. All love is right. We need them in our world because they are our family. Love all, don’t hate, because we are all imperfect. No one can tell me what LGBT does is wrong. Just so you know, I may be feminine but ten bucks says I could kick your butt. Ten years of martial arts training says I would do so easily. ;) Ciao!


Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back those who are legit.

Comments