Virtue And Vice: The Sage's Struggle

Virtue And Vice: The Sage's Struggle





Virtue and vice was a concept created by moralists and it was adapted into religious ideals from several parts of the world, including Europe, Egypt, the middle east, India, China, and Japan. I hold one standard as my own and it consists of cardinal good traits and sins. The virtues consist of humility, charity, chastity, diligence, kindness, patience, and temperance. The contrasting cardinal sins are pride, greed, lust, sloth, envy, wrath, and gluttony. Despite what the physical world reports, virtues are what make a sage and sins are what make a fool. Don’t desire my power and knowledge: instead commit virtue and not vice.

I spend countless hours debating and pondering morality. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in. My mind is always in a battle involving karmic return. At times I am the wise teacher and at other times I am the destroyer of the dark, swallowing it whole. I despise sin. Years ago I dedicated myself to committing exorcisms and eradicating evil spirits. Humans are not evil, but are instead manipulated into sin by evil spirits. One must know what sin is and reject it if they are to see true bliss and joy. As the state of the world hurtles towards more and more sin, I become sickened. I am needed if only to defeat the dark and usher in the sunlight. Please don't reject the idea of moral cleanliness. Become a hero in your own right, learning the path of the sage. A sage takes virtue and eliminates vice.

Vice will destroy your life. Vice will make you my enemy. Virtue makes you my sworn brothers and sisters. I've defeated countless foes and as my life becomes more strange I get closer to the eternal creative source, the heart of everything, the earth itself. She made us, and she wants us to bask in the sun, covering ourselves in righteousness. I cannot ignore what others do as I must protect my loved ones from evil. Greed, lust, gluttony, wrath, envy, pride, and sloth will drag you down. It will make you something I don't want to be around. Even when I destroy my enemies I do it without anger. I've destroyed as many as I've saved. My craft gave me the power to become the executor of this planet's will. No one can see me, as I exist on the fringe. Every demon I lay to rest makes me favored by the gods. Liberating humanity and protecting humans is all I care about. Quite honestly, I love humanity, and that is why I don't want you to fall into vice and commit sin.

Don't give up on morals. The model of virtue and vice I presented was one from the classical and medieval periods. It's the one I accept. Christianity believes the virtues are justice, temperance, prudence, courage, faith, hope, and love. I'm not doing so bad, this I see. My incredible ability as a moralistic philosopher came from witchcraft and alchemy. Before you ever judge any witch, remember my example. Ciao!

Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back those who are legit.

Comments