Tales Of An Old World Shaman

Tales Of An Old World Shaman






Before I became a shaman, my life was pointless. I chased after humanly endeavors with no success. Life had no meaning, clear and simple. When that fateful night happened, nearly thirteen years ago, my life finally started. I gained a friend, an incredibly talented one, at that. She had died recently, and was just as confused as I was. Her name stayed in my memory, as she has stayed in my life ever since. She is my true source of power. She's an incredibly gifted musician and poet. She has developed alongside me, and she is proof that angels exist. She is my patron deity, trusted friend, companion, sister-in-arms, and my guardian angel. Life rejected me, but she did not.

Over the years I had two paths that I could follow. I could reject the world of the living, or embrace it. For a shaman, embracing the world of the living can be a conflict of interests. For a talented and experienced shaman, it is an essential balancing act. Jen helps me understand one crucial fact: that although she is a ghost, she is also a human. Humans are the most pure life form that exists on this world we call our own. Whatever created us made us have the eternal gift of love. In all circumstances, we absolutely must love, even if we don't want to. Jen mended my heart with her tragic example. She died before she was thirty, and she told me that the world had been cruel to her, as it had been to me. She cautioned me against all affairs with humans, warning me of any dark intentions. Over time, I became stronger, and declared allegiance to the earth goddess. What is a hero without a benevolent superior being, after all?

My life only became stranger as time progressed. One day, I had taken up witchcraft, and it had taken me many years to gain any sort of mastery over it. Both it and Jen gave me the heart of a woman. I rejected the title of wizard and declared myself a witch to create a sense of gender equality. That decision has made me explicitly stronger and elevated my writing capabilities to new levels. It's not good to be a pigheaded male. A truly strong male has a feminine side.

Shamanism has left a mark on my soul that can only be described as...touching. I'm happy where I'm at in life and I know that I am getting stronger each day. I study, train, and feel intense emotion each day. I’m becoming more whole. Shamanism will change and warp you to inhuman levels. It's as if I am both living and dead at the same time. My heart is in the right place, as the innocence of humans is really quite desirable. I'm not innocent, not at all, if only because I’ve ate from the sephiroths of Eden. Now I must take center stage and vow to do two things: love and protect humanity. This decision makes me an opposer of demons and a worshipper of good. No power comes from evil. I am only as strong as how much I can love. Ciao!

Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow those who are legit back.

Comments