Erase Emotional Wounds

Recovering From The Past



Our past hurts, and it hurts a lot. All of our past is in the past for a reason, be it the good or the bad. Whether we want what we had in the past or despise what has happened to us in the past, it'll leave a nasty scar on our psyche. Luckily, we don't have to obsess over the past. With some simple tests, we can make the past sting a little less.

Our past can make us depressed and that is why we must avoid thinking about it. Thinking about things we miss from our past or things that people did that hurt us will only increase your depression. We can do many things to help us forget about what hurts. Although removing a memory altogether will prove both challenging and nearly impossible, we can still do behaviors that will help us to not dwell on the past. Two behaviors that can help us eliminate our past woes come instantly to my mind: pick up a hobby, and the strongest of all behaviors, talking about what is bothering us with someone we trust. Hobbies help us take our mind off of things and relax, where talking about our problems help us get things off our chest. My hobby is obviously writing, as I prefer to not see this as a profession. (When something becomes work you tend to hate it. Keeping writing as a hobby makes me come back for more.) I know that when I talk about what is bothering me it makes me feel better.
I know I'm not perfect and will commit error in my life, and the only way I can achieve my inner enlightenment again is to discuss my flaws. Don't think of your past as failures but more as learning opportunities. Talk it out.



Our past can only hurt us if we let it. We don't have to feel ugly and quite honestly our scars make us beautiful. We shouldn't act like our actions in the past make us any less of a person. Our actions in the past led us to become the person we are today. It feels so good to be able to know that we aren't just a person who went through hell but more a person who survived hell. Hell is theoretical. There is no heaven or hell except on earth. When life lets us down, we are going through hell. Remember, the road to heaven is always through hell. Our past doesn't have to eat away at us. We must do anything to escape the temporal hell it creates when we dwell on it. I wanted to say if you are reading this right now, I am with you, at least in spirit. We can fight the past together. We don't have be crushed by the demons from the past that attempt to drag us down. Ciao!


Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I follow back those who are legit.

Comments