The Hospice Care Nightmare



The Hospice Care Nightmare

Many people are too afraid to talk about hospice care and the reality of themselves or one of their loved ones potential of going there for end-life care. The vast amount of Americans would prefer to die at home, but for the elderly without family or caring friends, this isn’t quite a possibility. Tremendous bills and potential abuse exist in American hospice centers. My great-grandmother died in one. Her name was Chlotine, and I believe the goddess has granted her peace. Besides that, I have one heck of a stake in the dying and grieving. Over the years I have gained tremendous sympathy for the sick and dying. Whether you believe it or not, I am fighting back tears as I write this post. Death shouldn't be something that's painful for a person, but it always is, and few hospice grant any sort of relief for the dying in America.

Hospice care is always understaffed and many patients suffer from neglect within the hospice. Death has never been a possibility that America has truly acknowledged. Abuse is always a concern in hospice because of the extreme fragility of the patients there. We don't want to be faced with the reality of facing death in a place that is alien to us, but it happens by far too often. I pray for the welfare of everyone constantly, but even more so for those facing death. Their need for comfort is more than anyone else. There is fear, and then there is death, the greatest fear. Even though the person dies in hospice, someone else always ends up with an immense bill. Death isn't fair to anyone, now is it?




There is a growing need for hospice care in America as our population continues to rise. Our healthcare coverage is very poor when compared to places like Japan. Few of us have the actual money to cover healthcare costs and health insurance, let alone life insurance on top of it all. What religious services Americans receive in hospice is minimal. To my foreign readers, I want to tell you that if you are not Christian in America there is few mosques and temples available to you. I do not agree with all of paganism so I classify myself as Wiccan, yet I do believe in visiting shrines for Shintoism and Buddhism. None of this is really offered in America. I am an alien in this nation and people make me realize that each day. The utmost importance of anyone dying should be their salvation. I'm sad to say that most people dying are in immense pain and are too weak to pray with a Chaplin. My heart goes out to all those who would face death.

If you have a relative in hospice care right now or will have someone who will be in one in the future, I beg you to have a moment of silence for them, keeping them in your heart, mind, and prayers. You only die once, and it is not something that will ever be pleasant. For those facing death not in the comfort of their own home, it is a nightmare. We need to setup better hospice services in America, and if you are a nurse, I do humbly request you go and work at one. If you are reading this post, you must be a good person. Let your heart sustain you in all of your battles, and may your allegiance be to your fellow man and woman. Screw Trump and his agendas. Join with me to set forth better hospice care for our soon to be dearly departed.

Follow me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back!

Comments