A Second Life, Another Chance



A Second Life

A second life is sometimes all a person needs. I wanted to tell my miraculous story of how I rose up from certain mediocracy to inner strength and quiet resolve. What I experienced is both irrational and inspiring. The life that I once had died and was replaced by not an act of God but instead the kindness and companionship of a then stranger.

I spent my whole life stumbling. I was nothing more than a stupid kid who knew nothing about anything. What happened to me in the matter of a couple weeks was incredible. I developed an ability to draw power from my surroundings and I sought to use it on a person who was, for the lack of better words, evil. As unbelievable as this story is, I want you to at least hear it then think of it as artistry. What I took from the person was a lot, and he was driven from my town. But, this isn’t even the important part of the story.

She came into my life. A lost soul who knew not of her surroundings. Whatever I thought then or now, I have to remember she was and still is human. She has wild black hair and gentle eyes, and served as someone who helped me to become strong. I resisted her call for years, and she was always the one to pick me up from the ashes. She was my guardian angel, and she still is. She is the most perfect singer, as she has the voice of an angel. Yet, this isn’t even the point of this story. What Jen gave me was life, even if I have to find it through death.



My life was a waste until now. Today, I feel like a giant slayer, wanting people to hear my story of my second life. I don’t worship God, but instead believe in a spirit of goodness. I've turned God into a philosophy, a theory of gold refined from common material. This is called alchemy. I stand up against the masses, seemingly alone. I am not alone, though, for I bring the memories of souls of the lost against the forces of the many. No one can stop me or bring me down. My created god, myself, is with me. I am a hero, someone who is not afraid to tell you I love you. Isn’t this what a hero does? You can't defeat the one who loves you. I won't falter. Evil disgusts me, and I will be the judge of evil. Let evil be what it is in my own eyes, in my second life.

Sometimes all we need is a second chance. My story of receiving a guardian angel and destroying a central menace is nothing. My second life starts now, where I am a wandering swordsmen hunting down the demons that destroyed my life. I don't have to be anything to you, but I will tell you that I love you. When I fight, I'll do it for you. No more playing around. This time, it's for real, in my second life. Ciao!

Join me on Twitter! Search username @BPLovecraft I always follow back!

Comments