Why Posting Online Should Be Done Responsibly

Why Posting Online Should Be Done Responsibly


 Whether we want to admit it or not, when we post online, our reputation is always on the line. It's a shame, too: often our emotions get in the way and we say what we don't mean. Sometimes it feels good, but in the end, the only thing it will do is let people judge you, and trust me, they will. Your emotions should not control your fingers, and they should not control you. (Though often they will!) 


 We have never lived in such a virtual world. Everywhere we go, we often see links to companies’ websites and social media, be it Twitter or Facebook etc. Places like those hold a hint of allure to the depressed and depraved. To think, a place for those who cannot talk to others readily available for social interaction. To those who are new to the internet, social media sounds like some sort of heaven. You know these places aren't, though. The unstable will post crazy stuff online and stalk other people. People are predators online, and no one ever shows you their true face on social media. I have told you who I am, and I wish I could tell you more. I am a witch who has practiced for 12 years and I am associated with organizations that would find use of me. My family had the Faust bloodlines married into them some years ago. I am someone who believes in ancient gods, and I have a love for them. What keeps me here is my love for you, and this why I am telling you all of this. I have only highlighted a small part of my life for you, as many people do on what is called a bio on a social media site. There is so much you don't know about me, and also everyone else that is online.


 Think before you post. Consider what you are saying, and whether or not you'd tell this information to the ones you love. Examine those who try to interact online, and please, analyze them. Don't get yourself in a dangerous situation. Use extreme caution when meeting someone in person that you met online. I know of the evils of man, and they are something that is unpredictable and often violent. We need to also post positive things that don't cut a person down. Cyber bullying is sick. I've seen so many of the hosts of hell and brought many of them to justice through my own actions. How did I win against these proverbial demons? Simple. I used the block feature found on apps and social media sites on my phone. Fun fact: I type all of my work on my phone, including my novels and short stories. (Yes, I'm an author, too! Catch my updates on Twitter @BPLovecraft) I am one busy bee, and this phone is used for only things that are positive and encouraging. I tell everyone on my Twitter that I love them, and I want you to know I love you, be you from France, Germany, the United States, Ireland, Russia, or anywhere else. You are all my family through mother Eve/Lilith, and I take honor in delivering you a message each day. Watch what you say online, and you will earn respect and feel so good about yourself. Communicate safely as you would do in real life. One of the advantages of communicating online is that we have time to think before we post, and that should be done with as much time as possible to post really awesome stuff that helps to let people know you are a loving person. You are too good to get caught up in negativity online. Use your social media to shine. Ciao! 


 Dedicated to the victims of cyber bullies, including suicide and murder victims. RIP Jen Hawkins, 1978-2005, my friend and another one of those who was led to suicide based off how the world treated her both offline and online. She didn't kill herself: the world did.

Comments