Empowering Friends

Empowering Friends 


 We should accept all sorts of people regardless of anything, but if you have a friend, there is absolutely one thing they must do, even if they are your family, and that is empower you. A friend must lift you up and love you, and you must do the same for them. There is no exception to the rule. After all, why would you keep a friend in your life that doesn't do anything for you. Even worse yet, a friend is not someone who sucks the life and time out of you. Don't ever keep people in your life who use you for money and other physical resources. Why would you want a bum in your life? 


 Some people are toxic. You'll know them the moment they try to come into your life. They'll gossip, they'll disrespect you, and they'll be very needy. I don't care how long you've known someone or if they're family. The laws of family need only apply to those who show you love and nurture you. For all those deadbeat brothers, cousins, and parents out there, I want to have you let them know that they can't suck the life out of you.Tell them to start contributing or to beat it. You need people who empower you, not ones who drag you down.


 An empowering friend is a true friend indeed. You'll need them in your life of you are to ever succeed. Usually the ones who stay in your life for what seems like forever, though thick and thin are the ones you want. They'll always respect your boundaries. Each day, those friends will always have their best interest in you. They will be there when you need them, and they'll give you space when you need it. They'll always be a phone call away. They’ll always have time for you. They'll be a crying shoulder for you when you need them to be, but one thing they won't be, is toxic and abusive. 


 It seems to be that family is the problem with many people worldwide. Family will ask for things from you, using the double standard we call “but I'm your family.” I don't think family is suppose to be abusive and manipulative. They shouldn't ask for money, and they shouldn't play head games. They won't be controlling, and they won't use their relation to you as a token and bartering chip. To be honest with you, my mother's side of my family has been abusive and a complete waste of time for as long as I can remember. My so-called real mother, Robin Varner, of Spokane,  Washington, locked me out of the house because she wanted to go drinking with some men when I was about ten years old. Needless to say, my father, who has worked in law enforcement ever since even before I was born, gained custody of me. We had some rocky spells over the years, but my dad is still in my life and I love him, as I also love his father, my grandpa. My grandpa's brother was a hero, dying in active duty for the USMC during the Korea conflict. He is a recipient of the purple heart and the active combat badge. He is a hero to me, and his name was given to my grandpa's son, my father, his name to be my father's middle name. Rest in peace, great uncle Melvin, and remember, to be semper fi!


   I don't have to draw a picture for you to know who toxic people are. They'll always pretend to be your friends and family. Also, I am sure you know who good friends and family are. Hold them close, and kick those toxic people out of your life, as they are only going to bring you down. Let no one bring you down, and always surround yourself with people who bring you up, empowering you everyday.

Comments