Does Anyone Know Who You Are?

Does Anyone Know Who You Are? 


We will always struggle our whole lives with knowing who we really are. The masks we wear and the personas we take are not indications of who we are on the inside. It's possible for us to go our whole lives without ever taking off our masks and letting someone we love know who we are, underneath it all. Our facades are too precious and act as a wall that we can keep people away from what's in our heart, our true emotions. We are afraid to let people see who we really are. 


 How can we ever become in touch with who we really are? Will we ever be able to be ourselves in this society with its broken rules regarding our social interactions and its expected exchanges? Conformity forces us to wear masks, or personas. What each one attributes to is not who we really are. What is contained within our shadows, in a psychological aspect, is our creative and destructive urges. What is kept in the shadow too long will escape. The masks we wear only can last as long as we are not under mental duress. We must be ourselves if we are ever to be able to escape this dangerous game of shadows and masks.  

We want to be ourselves and share our true emotions. Many couples do not even share their true emotions with each other, building up a negative and poisonous rapport. We must break the cycle in this society we call our world and let people see the real us. Although some people may not like who you really are, I know that no one has the right to judge you, and if they do judge you it only means they are insecure. You are so much more than just a body with a mind. You are a living, breathing, emotional being who loves more than you hate. How can you survive emotionally through life if no one knows who you are?


 You've went through life going as a sheep does through a pasture. Now, it is time for you to shed your instinct and become something new. You have to go into that cocoon and emerge a beautiful butterfly. You might think that no one will like the real you, but see, that is where you are wrong. I have been myself for years on end, and the only thing I regret is not letting people know the true extent of my personality. I never know what society expects out of me. I don't want to be known for my intelligence and wisdom but I may always be seen that way. The real me is caring and passionate. The real me is someone who is fascinated by the smallest of all things. The real me would love to shake your hand and talk to you for hours over a cold drink. There is nothing scary about me outside of my persona. I'm not a bad person, but I am seen as someone who is on the outside because of my extreme gift of wisdom. Have you ever been hated upon? Have you ever been exiled for things outside of your control? Have you ever been mistreated and abused emotionally? If you have had any of this done to you, then you know what it is like to be me.


 We cannot allow ourselves to stay on the edge any longer. We have been called to prepare the bridge that leads us into the promised land. We are the new generation of intellectuals. We are the ones who will see the heavens. However, we cannot be all of these things without you making the commitment to be yourself. Stop being a sheep. It's time to be a wolf and consume those who are not. We have no need to try and make people like us. That's just another way of throwing away your soul. Keep your soul, and let your inner beauty shine, for everyone is just dying to see it.

Comments